Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What's up folks? I'm excited about my companion report for the DNA Files documentaries we've been airing ... which are outstanding in my opinion. I admit, I don't have the strongest science background, but The DNA Files breaks it down in such a way that it's still interesting without being too far over my head LOL!

My report airs Friday morning at 6:35 and 8:35, and explores the sometime contentious relationship between science and religion. The report looks at how those concepts and discussions of those concepts are made possible through our DNA. We'll talk with people in the fields of science, philosophy and faith, including a researcher in England who is one of the people exploring a gene called FOXP2. FOXP2 is the first gene identified thought to have a direct tie to the ability to develop, perform and utilize language. My report is the companion piece to an episode of The DNA Files (which airs Friday night 12/21 at 7) that I was especially fascinated with. The episode focuses on scientists' efforts to understand what makes us different from other animals ... and how they keeping find evidence of what makes us all the same. It's great stuff even if you aren't a science-head. I hope you'll tune us in.

cheers,
Brett Tannehill

No comments: